Banking is one of our core areas of specialization where our lawyers posses particular knowledge and experience acquired over the years and build concurrently with formation and development of financial and banking system in Latvia. We are able to handle sophisticated and highly demanding assignments. Our lawyers have advised large international banks and financial institutions. We have acted as a legal counsel for the administrator in the largest bank insolvency case in Latvia. Our banking practice includes advice and assistance on:
- regulatory, including licensing, aspects of commercial banking in Latvia;
- acquisition and disposition of shareholdings in the credit institutions, including related filings and disclosure procedures with relevant regulator bodies;
- project financing, syndicated and secured lending and related legal due diligence;
- aircraft lease and financing transactions;
- cross border financial transactions, including a trading of complicated financial instruments such as derivatives.;
- custodial services and asset management;
- mergers and reorganizations, insolvency and bankruptcy procedures of credit institutions.